Presuppositions of NLP
- Behind every behavior is a positive intention.
- People always make the best choices available to them.
- Communication is redundant.
- The meaning of the communication is the response you get.
- People work perfectly to produce the results they are getting.
- Every behavior is useful in some context.
- If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
- People already have all the resources they need.
- There is no such thing as failure, only feedback.
- The quality of our lives is determined by the quality of our communications.
- Positive change always comes from adding resources.
- Experience has a structure.
- People are map makers.
- People's maps are made of pictures, sounds, feelings, smells, and tastes (symbolized V,A,K,O,G).
- People respond to their maps of reality, not to reality.
- The map is not the territory.
- If you change your map you'll change your emotional state.
- Choice is better than no choice.
- The most flexible element in any system can control that system.
- The mind and body are parts of the same system and affect each other.
- If what you are doing isn't working, do something else.
Pati McDermott, CHT
Certified NLP Master Practitioner
Certified NLP Health Practitioner
Certified TPM Advanced Master Practitioner
web site: nlpPati.com
call any time: 877-881-4348
Private sessions in person and by telephone
© Steve Andreas, Charles Faulkner, Robert McDonald 1996
© 2003 by Pati McDermott, CHT